Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cole floods the bathroom!

So Cole flooded the bathroom tonight! Matt was feeding Luke and I was on the computer. Cole was off nicely and quietly playing - or so we thought! He was apparently playing in the sink in our bathroom. He had put toliet paper in the sink and clogged it, then came out to the family room and left the water running. Unfortunately it took several minutes after he came out to realize that the water was on in the bathroom. I should have known that something was very wrong when he came out from playing naked and wet!

He then said he had to go to the bathroom so I took him. It wasn't until then that I realized the water in our bathroom was running! I went into look and yikes!

The sink was full and clogged and water was running down the vanity into the bedroom. I went to go get Matt so he could figure out what we needed to do to clean up the disaster. Obviously I also turned off the water before I got Matt!

So, here's what Cole's playing adventure in the sink led to. Water in the vanity, so all the drawers got pulled out and emptied. Most stuff wasn't too wet that was in the drawers, thankfully! Water was all over the tile in the bathroom so I had to get a towel to soak that up. The floor mats were soaked! The water leaked out into the carpet in our bedroom so Matt had to get the steam cleaner out to try and soak up some of the water. Then Matt discovered that the basement bathroom was a mess as well! The tile on the bathroom floor was soaked! Several ceiling tiles will have to be replaced. The carpet outside of the bathroom had a huge wet spot, Matt is steam cleaning that as we speak to hopefully soak up some of the water. So far all of our electrical stuff that was out on the counter - Matt's electric razor and my chi straightner as well as blow dryer all seem okay. Hopefully they'll stay that way tomorrow. Matt's clippers he uses to cut his hair also seems to have survived the flood!

So, lesson learned - don't ever let Cole wonder off in the house for too long because you never know what disaster he may be creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment