Friday, May 8, 2009

Cole - 2006

I am posting all of the e-mail updates that I sent of Cole when he was little so that I have them nice and organized in one spot. These are all from 2006. It was nice taking a trip down memory lane while I organized them to go on the blog!

3-16-06 – Cole Patrick Bange is here!
Just wanted to let everyone know that Katie and Matt had their baby this afternoon at 2:03pm. He is 6 lbs 12 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long!! He has light brown hair, not too much though.

Everyone is doing fine, Katie feels great but is tired. Here are some pictures...

4-8-06 – Cole loses his umbilical cord
Cole lost his umbilical cord today!

4-11-06 – First Bath
Cole got his first real bath tonight since he is now umbilical cord free.

4-26-06 – Yard Work
Matt took Cole outside with him while he was doing some yard work so that I could get some stuff done inside. He raked leaves while carrying him around in the backpack.

4-27-06 – 6 Weeks Old
Cole is 6 weeks old today!! He's doing great and getting bigger and more alert every day. We think he now weighs somewhere between 10-11 pounds after weighing him on our scale.


5-11-06 – 8 Weeks Old

Cole is 8 weeks old today. He's doing great!! He usually wakes up once in the night around 3-4am after going to bed around 8-9pm. Then he'll wake up again between 6:30am-8am. He's really starting to be more alert and occasionally gives a smile but I don't think it's in response to anyone or thing he just does it.

5-14-06 – Cole’s Baptism
Cole was baptized today at Assumption Catholic Church in O’Fallon. His godparents are my sister, Kerry and Matt’s brother, Stephen. For those of you who were not there Cole did an excellent job during both mass and the baptism ceremony! He was awake during the entire baptism ceremony and no crying!

5-23-06 – 2 Month Update
Just thought I'd e-mail an update on Cole. He's a little over 2 months now!! We had his 2 month check up today. Cole now weighs 12 pounds, 15 ounces and is 23 and 5/8 inches long! He's just about doubled his weight since being born! He's now in the 75% for height and weight which is up from his one week check up when he was in the 25%-50%.

Cole has really become more alert in the past few weeks. He smiles a ton and is making very cute baby noises quiet a bit. He's starting to enjoy tummy time and his head strength is really getting good. He's also doing excellent with sleeping at night. The past 2 weeks he's started to sleep through the night on most nights. If we put him down between 8pm-9pm he's started to sleep until 5am-6am. Then he gets up to eat and get a new diaper and luckily goes back to bed for another 3-4 hours!!

6-3-06 – First swimming experience
Cole went swimming for the first time today at Matt's Uncle Dennis and Aunt Betty's pool. He was in the water for awhile with me with his lower half in the pool. Luckily there was a nice shady spot for us to be in.

7-16-06 – 3 Month Update
Cole is 3 months old today so I thought I'd send an update!! He is still a wonderful baby and usually only fussy when he's really tired or really hungry. He's been sleeping through the night now for a month!! He's not too early of a riser so I get plenty of sleep. He's usually in bed between 8-10pm and up between 7-8am.

Cole weighs close to 14 pounds by now!! He is getting bigger and bigger every day. He continues to be an excellent eater. He eats about 5 times a day and 5 ounces at each feeding.

In the past week he has really gotten good at holding his head up during tummy time. It is much sturdier and up higher and longer than it was just a week ago. Last week he started grabbing and holding onto his rings so now they are hanging from just about every place that he lays. He been laughing for a while now but it is become much more frequent and of course he smiles a ton!!

7-28-06 – 4 Month States
Cole had his 4 month doctor appointment today so I thought I'd e-mail you all his latest stats.

He weighs 16 pounds, 3.5 ounces (puts him in the 75th%).
He is 26 and 1/4 inches long (puts him in the 90th%).

He got 4 more shots today and did excellent! Only cried during and a little after but has been great all day!

9-4-06 – First solid food experience
Well, Cole had his first experience with solid food today!! We started him on rice cereal and will be doing that for about a week before we start introducing veggies. He did pretty well, he was definitely ready for this new step.

We've discovered that Cole has a tooth that is starting to appear. One of his bottom middle teeth is starting to cut through. You can feel it and see if just a little bit, so we'll see how long it takes to actually become visible.


9-16-06 – 6 Month Update
Cole is 6 months old today so I thought I'd send an update.

These past 6 months have gone by so fast and Cole is doing all kinds of new things all the time! As of about 2 weeks ago he started to be able to roll from stomach to back (before he could only roll from back to stomach and then was stuck on his stomach) and this new talent now has him rolling all over the room. He can now sit up really well with the help of his boppy and is starting to get much better at sitting up all by himself. As long as you get him positioned just right he can sit up by himself for a little bit.

Cole starting eating cereal about 2 weeks ago and most times does really well at eating. Soon we'll move on to introducing veggies to his diet.

He's been at daycare for about a little over a month now and seems to have handled the transition really well. For those of you who don't know we found two ladies who started a home daycare in one of their homes for Cole to go while we are both at work. They have 8 kids plus they each have one of their own, so there are 10 total (all under two). We get the best of both worlds, a small, home environment with the structure & organization of a large daycare center since they are state licensed. The only major difference is now my baby who use to sleep in until 8am tends to get up around 6am since that is when he gets up to go to daycare. Luckily for me Matt gets up with him on the weekends!

We go to the doctor for his 6 month check up on Thursday, so I'll e-mail everyone his height and weight info next week.

The pictures include: one of Cole sitting up (he's now sitting up by himself long enough for me to take some pictures before he falls over), one of him all wrapped in a blanket (he was laying on this blanket playing on the floor and rolled himself up into the blanket while playing), and two of Cole in his Halloween costume that I bought today (I tried it on him so I could make sure it was roomy enough so that hopefully it will still fit by the time Halloween rolls around).

9-22-06 – 6 Months Stats
Cole had his 6 month doctor's appointment yesterday so I thought I'd e-mail his "stats."

Weight: 17 pounds, 8 ounces (just above 50th percentile)

Length: 26 and 1/2 inches (50-75 percentile)

So, he only gained a little over a pound and grew 1/4 of an inch since his 4 month check up. So it looks like he's finally slowed down with growing.

9-27-06 - Veggies
We started feeding Cole veggies on Sunday and he's been eating carrots which he is getting use to. Tonight he got his carrots all over his face because he was so tired! He kept rubbing his eyes with his hand and spreading carrots everywhere.

10-13-06 – New Trick
Just thought I'd update everyone on Cole's latest "trick." As of the beginning of last week Cole started to be able to scoot on his stomach as a means of getting places. By the end of that week he had gotten much better at army crawling. It's very cute to see him make a beeline for an item that he really wants such as a phone or the remote. Those seem to be very fascinating items for him!

I've attached a video of Cole army crawling towards a phone. I know some people won't be able to view it since its a very large file (so delete it after you view it) and will take way to long to view if you do not have fast internet. It also requires QuickTimeVideo player.

10-19-06 – 7 Month Update
Just thought I’d send an update on Cole since he is now 7 months old. He's got two new tricks as of this week. The first one being that he can blow raspberries and does it quite frequently. The second one is that he now knows how to get from sitting onto his stomach and once he's on his stomach he's all over the place. Before now when he was sitting we knew he wouldn't move from that position unless he accidently fell over, now he can do it on purpose and does so very gracefully. He is still army crawling and does so like a champ! He's very fast when he sees something he wants. He has started to get on all fours lately and rock back and fourth but no actually crawling yet.

10-22-06 – Pumpkin Patch
Well, we took Cole to the Pumpkin Patch today with my Mom and sister!! More for me to get some cute pictures than for Cole. They have a lot of fun stuff there so it will be great for next year when Cole can walk. It was also a little cold and windy so we didn't stay long. Took our pictures and left.

11-2-06 – Bath Tub Swimmer
Cole’s new thing in the bath tub is to lie on his stomach and swish around since he doesn’t really stay put when he’s sitting up. I see a swimmer in our future!

12-7-06 – Cole learns to clap
Cole learned a new trick tonight!! I thought I'd share it with you all since I was able to get it on video. He can now clap!! If I start clapping, then he will start doing it!!

12-17-2006 – First Hanukkah
Cole celebrated his first Hanukkah tonight at Granny’s house. It was also his first time opening presents.

12-18-06 – 9 Month Update
Just thought I'd send everyone an update on Cole since he turned 9 months this past Saturday! I can't believe time has gone by that fast. Matt was reminding me that it was Christmas last year when he first felt Cole kick!

Cole is doing great! He had his 9 month check up with the doctor today and weighed less than I thought he would have weighed. He weighed 19 pounds, 7.5 ounces (25-50%) and was 29 inches long (75%). So he's only gained 2 pounds in the last 3 months but has grown 2 and 1/2 inches.

Cole is moving all over the place, he is rarely still. He is crawling, pulling up on anything he can get his hands on and loves to cruise around the couches. His new trick as of about a week ago was learning how to clap! He got the chance to open his first present this past weekend when we celebrated Hanukkah at my Granny's house. It was very cute! Although he enjoyed trying to eat the paper more than the present. I can't wait for him to open his presents on Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment