What a great morning that we had celebrating Valentine's Day! I got a few decorations for the table this year to make it extra special. When the boys all got home from church we opened presents and had pink pancakes! Luke was a big fan of the pancakes!
He was also a big fan of the canteloupe from the Edible Arrangement that Matt sent me this morning! Two days of chocolate covered fruit - YUM!! Once again Cole immediately wanted the grapes! This one has chocolate covered apples and chocolate covered strawberries - delicious!
Before we ate breakfast Cole wanted to open presents - of course! Cole got a new pair of swim trunks, a new puzzle, some gold fish crackers and a Sponge Bob heart box of candy. Luke was a big fan of taking the tissue paper out of the bags! He got a stuffed animal puppy and a box of gold fish crackers. It's definetly hard to take pictures when both boys are opening their presents at the same time! I only got pictures of Luke opening his present.
We got Matthew two t-shirst from American Eagle and a box of Reese peanut butter cups. Cole helped me pick out the t-shirts. One was blue and one was orange. Cole picked out the orange once since it is "Daddy's favorite color."
Not only did I get the Edible Arrangement - my favorite - but I also got a pair of pajama pants. I had a card from the boys and a card from Matt. Cole wrote "Mom" on the card from him and Luke. It just melted my heart to see that he had written Mom on the card! I've only ever seen him write out his name! Of course I had to take a picture!
Matt and Cole picked out my pajama pants yesterday while Luke and I were out shoe shopping with Granny. When I got home yesterday Cole told me, "we didn't get anything for you." Then he told me a few minutes later that they did get something for me - pj pants that were yellow with hearts but I'm not suppose to tell Dad the he told me. When I opened the present sure enough there were yellow pajama pants with hearts all over them. Matt told me that Cole picked them out and he would not get anything but those pants. His reasoning - my favorite color is yellow and it's for Valentine's Day so that is why he needed the ones with hearts. I absolutely LOVE them because Cole picked them out!! They fit perfect and I'm hanging out in them right now.
So I think this has been one of the best Valentine's Day ever!! Of course during breakfast I did something wrong when putting syrup on Cole's pancakes and he proceeded to tell me that "this is the worst day ever!" Which I find so cute! Luckly that only lasts for about a minute while he's complaining and then he gets over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment