Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pre-Valentine's Day Celebrating

What a great Valentine's Day we have had thus far!! We've kind of been celebrating for the past two days as well. Cole took Valentine's Day cards to preschool on Friday to exchange with his friends at school. He had Spider Man cards with pencils and I made small candy treat bags for all of his friends. Cole is really into Spider Man lately so everything for him needs to be Spider Man related. When I went to the store last weekend to get the cards for him to take to school he had requested cards with pencils - he had seem them when we were out another time. At Target they only had Transformer cards with pencils so I got those. When I told him about that when I got home his face just dropped because they were not Spider Man. I told him we could return them and get Spider Man cards but there wouldn't be pencils with them. He said we could just keep the Transformer cards. Then when we were at Walmart on Monday we found Spider Man cards with pencils so I agreed to buy them for him if he agreed to write his name on all the cards for his friends. He was more than happy to say yes! Matt and I did get him to write his name on the cards - we had to split it into two nights of writing because he gets wrestles after so many.


He came home from school with a bag full of cards and some candy treats. My Mom watched the boys in the morning on Friday and brought her Valentine's Day presents for the boys with her. Of course Cole had to open his right away. He got a play food set of McDonald's food. We opened Luke's later that evening and he got a cute warm up outfit from Old Navy.



Kerry also had put together a little something for Cole and of course he wanted to open it on Friday night as well. She got him a big heart lollipop and some Sponge Bob ring candy. Cole's a big candy fan!! My Mom got Matthew and I a gift card to Apple Bee's and some chocolate covered strawberries that she made - yum! The boys also got cards from Grandma and Grandpa Bange. Cole loves getting mail and really enjoyed getting them!



Then on Saturday we got a delivery from my Dad and Sue! They sent an edible arrangement - YUM!! I had all of the chocolate covered apples eaten by the end of the day! Cole's favorite part was the two sticks of grapes. He immediatlely at the ones in my arrangement and then asked for more. We didn't have any more grapes but he said he wanted to eat Aunties (my Dad sent hers to our house too). We told him he needed to wait to ask Auntie. When she came over later he ate her grapes almost immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment