Cole started taking swim lessons at the beginning of February. He is taking them at the Renaud Spirit Center. I decided to try this place out since they offer lessons that meet twice a week and it is half the cost of the YMCA for the same amount of sessions. His first session of lessons (he is a seahorse) is on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Kerry takes him and she and Luke hang out and watch. There are 6 little boys in the lesson. It sounds like 3 of the little boys (3 brothers of a set of quads) are quite a handful during the lesson.
At first the teacher wasn't giving Cole much feedback when he was swimming but Kerry talked to her and since then it has been a little better. I've never gotten to see his lesson since I'm always at work during that time.
I signed him up for the next session on my way home from work on Friday. He is moving up to the next level (Explorer). Unfortunately the one morning class on Tuesday and Thursdays was already full so we had to settle for Monday/Wednesday at 4:30pm. It will be nice that I will get to go with him to see his lessons. If he advances to the next level then all of the classes are at night or on Saturday, there would be no weekday morning option. I'm planning to have him take lessons through May. My hope is that he becomes comfortable with the water and learns some basic skills. I would love for him to be able to doggy paddle by this summer but we will see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment