Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Little Talker

Luke has become my littler talker lately! I am so amazed with how much his vocabulary has increased. Most of the time he tries to repeat almost everything we ask him to say. He also mimics sounds - which is cute. He has started to say 2-3 word sentences, okay what sounds like 2-3 word sentences. Most people probably wouldn't be able to understand him unless you are around him all of the time. I swear I have heard him say "I want more" or "I want down." As close as can be for an almost 21 month old.

He's such a happy little guy and such a sweetheart. His daycare situation will be changing come January - boo! Our wonderful sitter (who we started with in August) his stopping babysitting after the end of November/first part of December. I was just devestated when she told me. She did give us two months to find an alternative solution but I was so upset the week she told us. She is just wonderful! The location is great (she lives in the subdivision behind Cole's school) as is the price. I didn't even know where to begin looking. I'm so picky about someone watching him in their home. She was so great because she lives in the same neighborhood as my friend from work who also sends her little boy there. Her husband got a new job with an increase in salary so she is going to be able to go back to school full time. I understand her reasoning but it still sucks!

I just enrolled Luke in a daycare about 3-5 minutes from Cole's school. I drive past the road it is off of on my way to pick up the boys. So, it really isn't out of the way for me. The only difference will be I will probably pick up Luke first and then Cole (which I am currently doing the other way around since it is easier to bring Cole in somewhere) so I don't have to back track. It is a little further for Matt but only by a little bit. The good news is that it is only $11 more dollars a week than where he is at now, so that's not too bad. We'll see how it goes.

He is going to spend December with my Mom and Kerry and then with me over winter break. I just didn't want him to have to change to a new place for only about 2 weeks and then me keep him home right when he is getting adjusted. It is so hard trying to find a place for the boys! If everything works out then he will stay there until he is old enough to go to the preschool Cole is at now (which is at age 3).

No comments:

Post a Comment