Luke turned 10 months old yesterday on Thanksgiving Day! So crazy that in just two short months my little guy will be one! Time sure does go by fast! He has such a great personality and is always smiling!
He has started to eat more and more table food lately. I have started to give him more of what we are eating so he can work on moving away from baby food. I also buy him some of the Gerber pick up type food like the mac n cheese & chicken noodle soup that we feed to hiim with a spoon. He has recently started eating cheez its, gold fish and banannas. He ate some mashed potatoes last night and loved them! Other than the new table food we are introducing to him his diet is still pretty much the same. Although he doesn't seem to be eating as much of his bottle as he use to. So I think we've decided to start making 4oz. bottles (except for his morning one which he usually eats 6oz.) since we have been wasting so much. He still eats fruit/cereal for breakfast and veggies/cereal for dinner.
As his teeth are coming in he's had a little trouble sleeping at night. He tends to be an early riser and is often up while Matt and I are getting ready for work which makes it a bit difficult to get ready, especially for Matt since he is the one who gets him. He is still taking two naps, morning and afternoon.
Luke recently learned to clap which is so cute! When you say to him "how big is Luke?" he will sometimes raise his hands like we have been doing for him but by himself. He can pretty much pull himself up on anything and is able to cruise around on the couch or the ottoman. We have gotten out Cole's old walkers and Luke is starting to use them a little bit. He is a super fast crawler and can be in an entirely new place so quickly. He is also now able to climb up stairs. He climbed up the entire flight of basement stairs yesterday. Although lucky for him his Mom got smarter the second time around and followed behind him rather than trying to take a picture of him from the front like I did with Cole. I'm determined to not let him fall down the stairs like Cole did.
I mentioned his teeth earlier, he's got the top four teeth that are all very visible that have been coming in for a while now. They are not all the way down yet but I imagine soon will be. He has had his bottom middle teeth for several months now. So looks wise he is slowly started to look more mature as you can start to see the top teeth more.
Luke is in all 12 months clothes and has been for a while now. He still wears a few of the 6-9 months Children's Place t-shirts and of course the sweaters from there are 6-9 months (they just fit that way). Not sure what he currently weighs but he was 22 pounds at the beginning of November so I imagine he's about 23 pounds now. He's definetly a little bigger than Cole was at this age. Cole was only a little over 21 pounds at a year! I'm hoping that now Luke will slow down in his growing but we shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment