Friday, November 6, 2009

Cole can write his own name!!

The other night Cole wrote out his own name! He wrote it out with no help from me or Matt! His C needs a little work. I tried to tell him that it was backwards, and then showed him how a C should look. He just told me that he liked his C the way he had it.

This is a picture of his name that he wrote on a paper he brought home from school. He had three coloring page and each had his name written on it. This was the best out of the three. I'm just so excited that he can write his name! I know his technique will get better as he does it more often but as of last week I didn't think he could write his name at all!



He can recognize almost all of the letters in the alphabet and can sing his abcs almost entirely correct! Its so amazing to watch him learn!

1 comment:

  1. Katie - remind me to bring home my Handwriting without tears books when we come at Christmas. Cole is really ready for it and it will make everything so much easier for him. It was developed by & used mostly by OTs, so its for kids that are really having issues, but it makes sense. The one thing I can see in Cole's letters is that he's starting them at the bottom, so while he's still getting started with letters remind him to start at the top. There is a great little song you can find on the Handwriting without tears website that will help get it in his mind - I wish I had known about the program when the girls were three before they taught themselves so many bad habits that I thought the teachers would fix.

    ReplyDelete