Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swimming at the Des Peres Lodge

Cole and I were able to join Susan and Ben as well as Mary's three girls at pool at the Des Peres Lodge today. I was out that way for my workout with Susan in the morning when she mentioned they were going so we decided to tag along. We visited Granny first and then dropped Luke off at my Mom's house for Kerry to watch him. I had planned to take Luke with us but thankfully Kerry watched him because it made it so much easier to play in the water with Cole. That and it was probably a little hot for Luke to be out in the sun, even in the water.

They have an awesome outdoor pool area! Cole loved it! We got to float on the lazy river, which he really enjoyed! They have some small slides that were perfect for Cole! He was able to get Ben to take him to go down them several times. I offered to take him one time but he wanted Uncle Ben. He really loves hanging out with Susan and Ben!

It was also great to get to play with Brigid, Maggie and Caitie. They are very sweet with Cole.

I went down one of the big kid slides they have and will probably not be doing that again! Brigid warned me that if I didn't want to go very fast then I should sit up a little rather than lay all the way down. Unfortunately I didn't listen and laid all the way down! It was a twisty slide and I felt like I was totally going over the edge several times!

It was a great day to be in the pool since it was so hot outside! The heat was not that bad since we were in the water the entire time outside. I am definetly looking forward to being able to take Luke with us next summer. Although I am in no hurry for him to be that old just yet! I am enjoying my time with him as my little baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment