Saturday, April 18, 2009

Watch out for those glass walls

We were at the mall on Friday entering into Borders. To get in they have automatic doors that are clear glass. On the sides of the automatic doors are clear glass panels - but not doors.

Well, Cole says really loud "abierto" (which means open in Spanish - thanks to Dora & Diego he knows quite a few words and its good to see that he uses them in the right context) and then runs full force ahead. Only he was in front of the glass panes that don't open automatically and not the doors! The poor guy ran right into the wall and hit his head. He started crying instantly! I had Luke and Kerry was with us so she picked him up. I felt bad since he was crying but it was just so funny that I couldn't stop laughing. Especially since he had said out loud for it to open and then ran right into it. Luckly he recovered quickly but it made me laugh everytime I thought about it the rest of the day.

I think it made it even more cute/funny since he told the door to open and he did it in Spanish. It was just too funny/cute of a story to not wright down so I will remember later.

2 comments:

  1. that is too cute/funny. I'm so glad you wrote it down - those are the best moments to remember

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the nice thing about the blog - you have a place to write those memories down. I felt so bad for him because he was hurt but it really was quite funny. I definetly want to remember that moment years from now!

    ReplyDelete