We were there from 11am until 4pm! Cole and Xavier played pretty well together and its always nice for Cole to have someone to play with. The two boys played at the children's garden (which isn't really much of a garden but an enormous playground!). There is a stream with a portion of it that has a little area to play with boats that Cole really enjoyed playing in and when I say in, I mean in the water! Cole has stepped in the water before I knew it and by that time he was already in and I had a change of clothes for him so I just let him to continue to play. His shorts and half his shirt were soaked!
After a change of clothes we played a little more in the children's garden where Cole got to dress up like a bee.
Then went off to feed the fish since Cole really enjoyed it last time. This time I made sure to bring lots of quarters for fish food! Of course the food goes pretty fast when Cole dumps the entire bag into the water!
We walked around a little more this time and found the maze made out of bushes. Cole wasn't too thrilled with playing in it but I think he would have liked it more if we had been at the beginning of the trip rather than the end of the trip.
Except for one huge melt down about putting ice in Cole's drink when he didn't want ice (and it was a big one!) the trip went really smoothly! I even got some pictures of Luke this time at the gardens! I think the Botanical Gardens has turned into one of my favorite places to take the boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment