Cole did really well in the water! He loves to play in the pool during the summer so I'm not surprised that he enjoyed the water today. I wasn't totally impressed with the lady who taught his class - I kept thinking the whole time that I could do way better! I taught swim lessons at the YMCA one year while in high school and for a Montessori Preschool for several summers during college. One thing that I didn't like that she did right away was have the boys get in the water and hold on to the wall. Then she took one of them out to swim while the other one was holding on to the wall. I thought she should have had the other boy sitting on the wall rather than in the water, especially since it was right in the beginning of the class and she had no idea how the boys do in the water! Luckly the rest of the time she had them sit on the wall instead of in the water. She also never told me her name and I'm not sure she told Cole either. When I asked him if he knew what her name was he said no. Hopefully his regular teacher will be better. We'll have to see if I sign him up for a second session or not. By that time it will be close to my Mom's pool opening up and I may just take him there and give him swim lessons myself. But at least these lessons will give him something to do while he is home with me and it will help him get use to the water.
He worked on kicking, being on his back and kicking and blowing bubbles. He also got to jump in the water. Poor guy the first time he jumped in he hit his butt on the side of the pool and started crying. He didn't jump out enough - luckly that was the only time that happened and he recovered quickly from it.
Luke did really well during the swim lesson as well. I took the baby Bjorn carrier with me and put Luke in it. He slept most of the time during the lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment