Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday filled with lots of family and two Easter egg hunts!

Cole got a Diego bucket with some garden gloves & tools in it from the Easter Bunny. He brought it into my room and I asked him where it came from. His response, "Lowes." I then asked him who got it for him and he said "the Easter Bunny." We had seen the items at Lowes a week ago and he said that he wanted them. I told him I would tell the Easter Bunny about it for him, so that's why he said it came from Lowes. He has also said he wanted the Hungry Hippo game after seeing it at the store - this was of course after the items from Lowes had already been purchased. I tried to explain to him that the Easter Bunny doesn't bring tons of toys, just something small. So sometime yesterday he noticed that he didn't get the Easter Bunny neglected to bring him the Hippo game. He went and got his Diego stuff and said he wanted to give it back so he could get the Hippo game. Luckly he moved on from that pretty quickly once Matt told him that if he gave the Diego items back he wasn't getting anything else.

We had our first Easter egg hunt for Cole at our house this year! There were 18 eggs hiden outside that Cole got to search for. We always had hunted for eggs on Easter morning at my house when I was a kid so I was excited to start the tradition for Cole this year!

We spent the afternoon/evening at my Mom's house with her side of the family. Cole got several Easter treats from many family members. He walked away with two bubble toys, a stuffed animal, moon sand & candy and a giant chocolate bunny! Luke came home with an Elmo dvd that Cole was excited about - I'm sure he thought it was a gift for him.

We had our second egg hunt of the day at my Mom's house. Cole hunted for eggs with my cousin Lauren's son, Carter - who is 3 and 1/2 and my cousin Anne's son, Christopher who is 18 months. By the third egg hunt Cole was totally in to it! We hunted real eggs and plastic ones. If he picked up a plastic egg and there was no candy in it he was very quick to call over one of the other boys to let them know they could have that egg.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday!!

Cole hunting eggs at our house that the Easter Bunny hide

Luke in his Easter outfit

Cole in his Easter outfit

Luke and Cole

Cole with Carter & Christopher (my cousin's kids) getting ready for the egg hunt at my Mom's house

No comments:

Post a Comment