Friday, February 15, 2013

Expecting Baby Ella

We found out that we were expecting our third child on Tuesday, May 29th.  On this date there was no doubt that in about 9 months we'd be welcoming a new addition to our family.  I was a bit surprised when this pregnancy test turned out positive because I had taken a few over the weekend and they had all turned out negative.  Guess it was just a little too early for those first tests :)
 
 
When we went to our first doctor appointment in June we were thinking I was about seven weeks along and we'd have a due date of around February 5.  According to the ultrasound at that appointment the baby was measuring at six weeks and had a due date of February 12.  When I told my doctor about the few negative pregnancy tests he said it was probably because I ovulated a little later and that was why it took longer to show up positive.  That also would explain why the baby was six weeks instead of seven weeks. 
 
On Thursday, September 20th we had another ultrasound at 19 weeks pregnant.  Matthew and I were both anxious to find out if we would be welcoming a baby girl or baby boy into our family come February.  The most important thing we wanted to take away from this ultrasound was that our baby was healthy and growing as normal.  We were pleased to know that everything about the baby was healthy.  Then, for the big reveal!  When the ultrasound technician moved us in the direction to determine the sex of the baby I could immediatly tell we were having a girl!  I blurted it out before Matt even realized what we were looking at.  She confirmed that we were infact having a baby girl!! 
 
Here is a picture of some of the items we bought that day after finding out we would be welcoming Ella into our family come February.
 
 
Here are some pictures I took with my cellphone camera as the months went on while we were awaiting Ella's arrival:
 
October 9th, 2012 - 22 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
October 10th, 2012 - 22 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
October 24th, 2012 - 24 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
October 30th, 2012 - 25 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
November 13th, 2012 - 27 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
December 1st, 2012 - 29 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
December 6th, 2012 - 30 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
December 18th, 2012 - 32 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
December 24th, 2012 - 32 Weeks Pregnant (almost 33 Weeks)
 
 
January 3rd, 2013 - 34 Weeks Pregnant
 
 
January 18th, 2013 - 36 Weeks Pregnant
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment