Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ella's Room

Matthew put Ella's room together after the Christmas holiday.  First step was to take everything out of it and repaint.  The plan for Ella's room was to have gray walls and bring in yellow and white into the room for the bedding and accessories.  I love how the gray turned out on the walls! 
 
Ella's bedding was the first things I picked out for her room and I've had it since the end of September, just shortly after we found out we were having a baby girl.  The bedding is yellow with a paisley print on it.  I also got a white ruffled bed skirt to go with the bedding.  My Mom bought the matching quilt and had it embrodiered with her name on it.
 
In all of our kids rooms we like to hang their name on the wall.  So after the furniture was put up and the bedding on Matt put up her name above the bed.
 
 
 
In early October I bought the wall flowers that are hanging above Ella's changing table.  I found them while searching online at Pottery Barn Kids and fell in love.  They are yellow and cream and were on sale so it was meant to be :)
 
I decided to add lavendar to the room to give it some more color. 





When I bought the ruffled bed skirt I knew I wanted to have ruffled curtains to match.  My Mom found these at Target and cut off the bottom ruffle since they were floor length.  At my sprinkle in January my Grandmother gave me an antique bib that use to be hers.  My Mom got a shadow box so we could frame it and hang it on Ella's wall.  She put a piece of lavendar fabric in the box and then added the bib, it really special to have it in her room.
 
The rocking chair in the room is now getting us through our third baby, still as comfortable as it was when we bought it seven years ago.  Ella's Grandma Bange made the beautiful quilt hanging on the back of the chair and my Mom made us a small pillow for it.
 


Ella might have the smallest room of the three kids but she does have a great walk in closet!  Matt added some closet organizers to give us more storage and she has lots of room for hanging up clothes.  The clothes in this picture are mostly 0-3 months with a few newborn items.  So far she's been hanging out mostly in sleep sacks (our favorite for when our babies are newborn!) but I'm sure as she gets a little bigger we'll get her in some of the outfits.

 
Here's the other side of her closet - two sets of shelves for tons of storage space!

 
Matt made me this frame to hang my jewelry up when we lived in our old house.  In our new house I don't need it since I have hooks in our closet to hang my necklaces.  We took this one and hung it up in Ella's room for her headbands and other items.

 
There is one more wall in Ella's room that is unfinished.  We've got three frames coming in at the end of this month that we will put on that wall.  One is an 8x10 frame that will have a print in it that I ordered back in the Fall.  It is the "Now I lay me down to sleep" print with her name at the bottom.  It is special because it is what I use to say before going to bed when I was a kid.  There are also two 5x7 frames coming and those will have some of her newborn pictures in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment