I think part of the issue was Cole got in trouble big time about forty-five minutes before we left the house for distroying his room. Then, when him and I got to the meet I dropped him off to swim a lap for warm ups and he couldn't find me when he was done. I was asking a question about the races he was swimming because he didn't have any relay cards. Next thing I know Cole is right by my side crying because he couldn't find me. I felt really bad.
His first race was heat number five and it was the 100 yard freestyle relay. Cole was set to swim the second leg of the relay. I went with him to the bull pen and he didn't want me to leave his side. I walked him down to his side of the pool and he wasn't really into it. He got really upset when it was his turn to get into the pool and did not want to get in. The only way we got him to swim was one of his coaches got in with him. He then swam backstroke as she swam right beside him the whole way.
Here is Cole waiting for his backstroke to start.
Then it was time for the 25 yard backstroke and my Mom went with him to the bull pen. I was waiting at the other end of the pool ready to cheer him on. When it was time to get in the pool you could tell my Mom and his coach were not having much luck getting him in. It didn't look like he was going to swim this race. Then, the starter says "swimmers take your marks," and Cole runs to jump in the water. It was so funny! He swam super well once he was in the water. He ended up getting fourth place and took off two seconds from his time last week!
Here is Cole getting ready to swim his leg of the medley relay.
Cole's last two events went much smoother than his first two. Both of these events Matt took him down to the bull pen and he did really well! Matt seems to be the right person to take him down there. You could see he was much more relaxed and having fun talking to his team mates while he waited for his event.
Cole swam the third leg of the 100 yard medley relay which was backstroke for him. He did AMAZING!! He was so confident this time around and got right in the pool. This time his relay team ended up getting 3rd place!
Here is Cole waiting at the bull pen for his last race, the 25 yard freestyle.
Here is Cole fresh out of the water after his backstroke from the relay race.
He ended up starting his freestyle event with no problems. He added four seconds to his time for this race. He spent a lot of time not swimming freestyle but hanging out on his side. He's actually really good at freestyle if he would just realize it
No comments:
Post a Comment