Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Potty Stories

So one day Cole will probably read this and be embarrased but I imagine that I will read this one day and laugh/smile.

So, first the potty story - of which I've been telling many people. So, Friday afternoon when Cole and I got home from me picking him up at preschool he said he had to go potty. Half the time he will take him self and then the other half he wants someone to take him. So, I took him to the potty and helped him to sit down. Most of the time Cole sits down to go to the bathroom.

I though he was all situated so, I went in his room to get something. All of the sudden he is yelling at me. I turn around to look at him in the bathroom and he is not sitting, but standing up on his stool. The issue being that he was standing up, facing the doorway, peeing!! This massive stream of pee was shooting out from the toliet to the corner of the doorway. I was yelling at him to sit down but he kept saying "I can't, I can't!" It took a few seconds but then I finally went into the bathroom, having to dodge the stream of pee that was being aimed at the doorway, to sit him down. All I can say is main did he really have to go!

So, as I said earlier, Cole mainly sits down to pee. We haven't really worked much on peeing standing up. On Sunday I decided to have him try peeing standing up and he did a great job! Much better controlling his aim standing up then sitting down - which surprised me since that was the reason we hadn't worked on standing. Since Sunday he has worked on peeing standing up several times and although we have had some issues with aim (lots of cleaning the toliet lid) he is doing really well with it!

Like I said, Cole will probably be embarrased one day by my post on his going the bathroom but I just wanted to document.

No comments:

Post a Comment