Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cole at Swim Lessons




Cole is on his third session of swim lessons at the Renaud Spirit Center. He is in level two, the submarines. He is doing great! This session he has a male teacher and I think he is really enjoying him. The past two have been females. I also like that his group this time around only has 4 kids!! The last one had 7! He has really improved these past few months with his kicking with a kid board, being comfortable on his back and working on kicking on his back. He also has gotten really comfortable with putting his face in the water while out swimming - which is great because it is so much easier to stay horizontal when your face is in the water. He is slowing working on his arms and trying to swim on his own. One of his proud accomplishments is that he can now jump in the pool all by himself to the instructor!! His last lesson is on Tuesday and then we start private lessons the following Tuesday. He will take 2 sets of private lessons, each set is 3 half hour sessions. I thought that he needed the indiviualized lesson to try and get him to swim on his own without a kickboard or assistance of the teacher. I don't need it to be perfect, just so that if he gets in water that is too deep he can doggy paddle back to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment