So I decided that I would like to have a vegetable garden this year - which for me is interesting because I'm not really one who likes to garden. Matt was probably thinking - oh boy (since he figured it would involve a lot of work on his part - which is mainly right).
So, Matt set out to make us a garden box that we could put in the side of our yard where there is tons of sunlight. It ended up being 4 ft. x 6 ft. We loaded it with LOTS of veggies - most likely way too many for the size of the garden so we'll see what comes up! We planted tomato plants, pepper plants, zuchhini, green onions, raddishes, lettuce, broccoli and green beans. Matt says that as things come up he will pluck some of the stuff to give room for items to grow.
We planted everything on Tuesday, May 11th - one week ago. Since then we've had TONS of rain! Today the rain finally stopped and we had sunshine. Matt and Cole played outside today and when they came in Cole was excited to let me know that some of the veggie seeds we planted had sprouted! I was so excited so they took me out so I could see them. They are very tiny, but many of the vegetables have come up - so cool! I can't wait to see how everything grows over the next few months and I'm so excited for Cole to take part in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment