Monday, March 8, 2010

Cole's New Swim Lessons

Cole started a new session of swim lessons this afternoon. He moved up to the next level, the explorer level, for this new session. Lessons are on Monday and Wednesdays from 4:30pm - 5:05pm. His teacher's name is a young girl named Stephanie. She did well with the kids. There are four boys (including Cole) and three girls. They worked on kicking on the wall, putting their entire head under the water, kicking with kickboard on their front and back, using a noodle to kick and do arm movements and floating on their backs. They also got to jump in the water. Cole did great the entire time! He really seems to enjoy being in the water and with the other kids at the lesson.

I thought he did very well with floating on his back. You could tell that she was only helping him a little bit. He told me that it is a little scary to be on his back because he starts to sink. So, we then talked about what to do in order to keep from sinking. Just the other night he was showing off his floating skills in the bathtub! He also did pretty well kicking with the noodle and using his arms. I can definetly see some improvement from this past summer. I am really glad that I will be able to take him to this next set of lessons. They had one session during the mornings for this level but it was already booked by the time I registered him. The next level, which he will do in April only has afternoon/evening sessions. I guess they figure that most of the kids in those lessons are five plus so they would be in school during the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment