Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cole's Fourth Birthday Party!!

We celebrated Cole's 4th birthday on Saturday with lots of family. It was a Spiderman themed party and let me tell you there is TONS out there for Spiderman! We just hung out at our house and ate lots of food and visited. The kids played in the basement and Cole's room.

Cole's birthday party was on Matt's actual birthday so we were celebrating him as well. Here are the goody bags that I put together for the cousins that were at the party. I found the idea of how to do the bag from a picture on the internet. I found lots of fun Spiderman stuff at the dollar section at Target. I also got the little boys Spiderman t-shirts from Old Navy. The girls got flip flops - red for all but two since I couldn't find red in their sizes. They also got Hershey candy bars wrapped in Spiderman wrapping paper - forgot to take a picture of those :(

Here is the spread of snack food items that we had at the party - yummy!


Here is cake #1 made by my Mom. Unfortunately it didn't survive the drive from her house to our house. When Matt brought it in from the car the back half of it had collapsed!

So, I decided that I needed to make a second cake to have out at the party. Here it is:

Here is the spread of the new cake and cupcakes (made by my Mom) that we had out at the party. Of course we didn't even eat the new cake, we ate the first cake so I really didn't need to make another cake. Matt will take it into work tomorrow.

I had wanted a candy buffet for Cole's party but he wanted a Pinata - he won. We got a Spiderman pinata and filled it with tons of candy. I was thinking we'd have a few more kids there then we did so there was tons of candy! You know you have lots of candy when the kid's bags are full, there is still candy on the ground and no one is going after it!


Here is the one of my niece, Caitie, right before she knocked down the pinata.

Cole thoroughly enjoyed opening all of his presents. He was definitely looking forward to that part of the party. He got tons of fun stuff! He got a few games, some clothes, a play BBQ grill, a Spiderman fishing pole, a bag of Spiderman goodies from my Mom (who unfortunately couldn't be there but is celebrating Cole's actual birthday with us on Tuesday at Chucke Cheese), a Spiderman race car, a bull dozer that you build, a baseball glove, bat and ball and a bag of goodies from my brother (Spiderman bouncy balls, water guns, and more). All of the kids wanted just about every present that Cole opened to be out of the box.




Last but not least was cake time. This year we ended up having lots of extra cake - mainly because I made a second cake. We have some left over cupcakes as well. I'm sure Matt's work people will be thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to read your thoughts with the photos as opposed to just seeing them in FB - thats a great reason to keep blogging, the gift bags and cakes all looked so awesome.

    ReplyDelete