Tonight we participated in Trunk or Treat at our church. We signed up when a form came home with Cole last month after PSR. I made sure to turn in my form and money right away because I'd heard from others that it is a popular event. Luckly we got a spot and have been stocking up on candy ever since. Every spot in the lower parking lot is filled, even spots on the edges (which is where we ended up). The lot opens at 5pm and you must arrive by 5:30pm to get in place. We got there about 5:15pm and the lot was almost full. Guess if we participate next year we'll go a little earlier.
Here is our car with a few decorations - ready to hand out candy! The sheet said to bring lots of candy because there are hundreds of kids and they weren't kidding! I brought over 550 pieces of candy with us tonight! I didn't open one of the bags with 125 pieces but that's still a ton of candy to go through! I did hand out two pieces to each kid as I realized I wasn't going to run out so I probably didn't need as much as I brought.
Here are the boys in their costumes - Luke a dinosaur and Cole a skeleton! We had beautiful weather! Today's high was in the upper 70s and it was still nice out for the event. Even as the sun went down it stayed nice, no jackets needed!
Here is a picture of the four of us at the event (a rare occasion for me to get in a picture while pregnant). I thought it turned out cute!
Matt took the boys around the parking lot and Kerry and I stayed handing out candy. The boys came back with bags 3/4 the way filled! Luke immediately came over to help hand out candy to those who were still trunk-or-treating. He kept saying he was my candy helper - he loved it!
Here is Luke's stash of candy - he dumped it on the floor of the kitchen the moment he walked in the house. Now both boy's candy is in a large bowl - completely filled!



No comments:
Post a Comment