Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Break - More Fun at Home

The boys and I went to Michaels yesterday to get a few things and came home with a few extra items we hadn't planned on.  One of the things we came home with was a tye-dying kit.  It wasn't very expensive and they had t-shirts right there, also not expensive, so I figured why not.

Here's Cole ready to tye-dye his shirt!  Little does he know it's not a quick process :)


The first step was to fill a bucket with water and add some white powder stuff.  Then, we soaked the t-shirts in the water for about 20 minutes.

 
Once the shirts had soaked it was time to add the dye.  I took the shirts out and ringed out any excess water.  The boys are finally ready to add some colors to their shirts!
 

Cole decided to pick the pattern that folded the shirt accordian style and then we added the colors (red, blue and yellow).

Luke opted for a swirl pattern.  I wanted a picture with his shirt before we added color but he wasn't real excited about it.
 
 He kept saying he wanted to take a certain kind of picture - which I guess was this one because once he was up this is what he did.

Here is Cole's shirt, wrapped in plastic wrap, waiting for the next 6 to 8 hours until we can unwrap it and wash it.  Like I said, not a fast process.

Luke's shirt all wrapped up and waiting for this evening to unwrap and see our finished products.

No comments:

Post a Comment