Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Cole - Swimming Update
Cole has been taking swim lessons this past month. He did a session back in November but then we took a break for a few months. He has progressed so much during this session! The lesson is twice a week for four weeks and lasts 35 minutes. It really helps being twice a week rather than once a week. He is always a bit hesitant the first lesson and you have to tell his teacher he can swim, she just has to push him. He had the second to last lesson for the current session tonight. He is in level 2 explorer. Next session he is able to move up to level 3! Tonight I saw him to the following: -Swim freestyle - with his arms and legs going and his face in. He stops to lift his head for a breath and then can keep going. -Float on his back (once his teacher positions him) while she counts to 20. -Kick on his back with the kick board. -Swim on his back with his arms and kicking! I was so impressed with his backstroke! He really moved! At Alligator Creek (the outdoor pool facility for O'Fallon) they have a summer swim team. I talked to one of the swim coaches tonight about Cole joining the team. It says you need to be able to swim 25 yards but he is not able to do that at this time. I think he could probably do about half a lap. It sounds like that is okay as long as he is comfortable with the water and he definitely is! So, I think I will sign him up when registration begins and we'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment