Well it looks as if we are officially working on potty training Luke! I was going to wait until this summer but he seems ready and interested in doing it now so we are going for it.
Ms. Pat (Luke's daycare teacher) has been trying to get him to use the little potty at daycare. He's not too in to sitting on the potty there with her. On Wednesday she was able to get him to sit on the potty but he was a little unsure because he couldn't quite get balanced on it (it is a wide seat even though it is little). He was holding on to the sides so he wouldn't fall in and peed all over - oops! On Thursday when Ms. Jamie is in his classroom she got him to pee and poop on the potty. Then on Friday when Ms. Pat was back he sat on the potty but didn't go. I think he is at least getting comfortable sitting on it without feeling like he will fall in. We'll see how next week goes.
On Wednesday Luke had his first experience peeing at a public restroom. The boys and I went to Sams after I picked them up and Luke said he had to go potty. Luckly we were close to the restrooms so we rushed there, left our cart and went in. I had him sit backwards so he wouldn't feel like he was falling in (a trick my Mom told me about when Cole was little). He had already peed a little in his diaper but did pee more on the potty! Then we checked out and had a snack. When we were almost finished with our snack Luke said he had to go potty, again. So, we rushed once again to the bathrooms. This time his diaper was dry and he peed on the potty!
At home in the afternoons/evenings we have been putting him in a pull up (we have a bunch leftover from when Cole used them) since it is easier to pull them up and down rather than use a diaper. He has done pretty well in them. Sometimes he tells us he has to go potty and the rest of the time we just ask him if wants to go and he usually says yes. Friday evening he told Matt he had to go to the potty he pooped on it! However, earlier today he pooped in his pull up.
He is very cute when he goes potty. He holds his own penis down and watches for the stream. When he is done peeing he puts his arms up in the air and says "I did it!" Then he asks for toliet paper. Now, after he has used toliet paper he gets off the potty and flushes.
I still think we have a long way to go but I am pleased with his interest and ability to at least knwo what to do when he has to pee on the potty. He still needs work on figuring out the whole pooping thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment