Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Luke's First Solid Food Experience

We decided to start Luke on cereal tonight! So Matt brought the highchair up from the basement. Based on tonight's attempt I think it is going to take him a little while before he really gets the hang of it. He didn't really seem to know what to do with the cereal (really paste like food) once you put it in his mouth. He made these cute faces when we put it in his mouth showing that he wasn't real sure of what we were putting in his mouth. I'm pretty sure he spit out every bite that we gave him. So after a several attempts we decided to call it a night and try again tomorrow.




For a little while Cole was sitting by him and whenever Cole would talk Luke would turn his head and laugh - with a mouth full of food! It was cute! So, we'll see how the next few nights go as we attempt to get Luke use to eating cereal before we introduce veggies and fruit. We go to the doctor on Friday for Luke's 6 month check up so I'll post an update after the appointment. Then we are taking his 6 month pictures on Tuesday which will include some family pictures and I'll post those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment