Thursday, July 16, 2009

Conversations with Cole

So lately Cole has said some cute/funny statements so I thought I would write some of them down before I forget.

Elephants in the House
The other day Cole and I were in the basement hanging out. Luke was upstairs taking a nap. When he woke up I went upstairs to get him and Cole stayed downstairs. A few minutes later Cole came upstairs and told me "that there must be an elephant upstairs." He had heard lots of movement from upstairs and I guess it sounded like an elephant stomping around. I didn't know whether to laugh or be insulted!

That's what Babies Do
Whenever I make a statement about Luke spitting up Cole replies with, "that's what babies do." When I ask him whatelse babies do he tells me they "cry, poop, sleep, bottle time and they like to laugh." He pretty much named everything that Luke does on a daily basis.

Dollars for dry undies - for Mom
Cole has been having a few issues lately with pooping in his pants - yuck!! I'm not sure why all of the sudden he has had issues with this since he has had that aspect of potting training down since December but he's had three accidents in three days. I was always so happy that he got pooping on the potty quickly since it is way worse to clean up then peeing in his pants. No accidents today so hopefully we can get him back on track. That's the background to set the stage for the actuallly story. So, he was at my Mom's today for a little bit so she offered him a dollar if he had no accidents while at her house. He didn't have any accidents and she gave him a dollar for not peeing or pooping in his pants. In the car on the way home he proceeded to tell me that "I should get a dollar for not peeing in my pants." I just thought that was funny! I'd have lots of money if I got paid on a daily basis for not peeing in my pants :)

Dying of Thirst
We were at Home Depot today trying to rent a tool that Matt needs to put in our new floors. I was super thirty so I grabbed a bottle of soda on the way to the rental part of the store. I said that I was "dying of thirst" as I had a drink. Then Cole said that he needed a drink because he was "dying." Anytime he asked for a drink while we were waiting he said "I'm dying."

Money
We were at Babies R US today and Cole picked up multiple things that he wanted to buy. We needed to go to Target as well but Cole said he wanted to go to Babies R US because they have "boy stuff." He picked up some toothpaste that he wanted to buy. I asked him if he brought his money and he said no. I then told him that I didn't have any money and proceeded to tell me that "we can just go to the car and get some." Of all the things that Cole wanted - he carried around two tubes of toothpaste he wanted (he said he needed two in case one runs out) he ended up giving up the toothpaste for some bubble bath. Its always funny to see what item he really wants and what item he will put back to get it.

Brotherly Love
Cole is so great (most of the time) with Luke! It is so cute to see him interact with Luke - which he loves to do! He constantly calls Luke "precious." I think he's heard me say it a few times and now he uses it.

He always wants to make Luke laugh and does so sometimes by dancing in front of him and pointing his fingers at Luke and sayiing "doobe, doobe." Why he says that I have no idea but it always makes Luke laugh.

Sometimes when I try to get Luke to sleep Cole tells me to make sure to sing him a song. Cole's song suggestions usually consist of one word (like lion or monkey) being repeated over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment