Monday, April 16, 2012

Cole's 6 Year Stats

Cole had his 6 year check up today.  No shots!  Found out he won't be getting another shot until he is 11!  The look on his face when he found this news out was priceless, he was so happy.  He had an eye check and hearing check and both were good.  I keep waiting for vision issues to pop up as I have horrible vision as does several of my family members.  I'm hoping he gets Matt's vision and doesn't have to deal with glasses/contacts.

Here are Cole's "stats":

Weight: 46 pounds
Height: 46 inches

He grew 2 inches in the past year and gained 8 pounds!  He continues to be so lean.

I can't believe he only has 6 weeks of kindergarten left!  On Thursday they start an alphabet countdown of the last 26 days of school.  Each day they have something special to with the letter of that day.  Thursday is bring a stuffed animal to school day and Friday is backwards clothes day.

He is doing such a good job with his reading!  I love watching him work on sounding out words and recognizing the ones he knows.  He brings home a book each week from class to work on that is about 60 words.  He does a pretty good job going through the book. 

He had a bit of rough time with some behavior issues during the 3rd quarter of school but has done an excellent job since coming back from spring break.  He was having some issues sitting still and listening to his teachers.  We are back to the old Cole who is coming home every day with good reports from his teacher. 

Cole is signed up for T-ball through our new church which should start any time now.  Matt is signed up to be an assistant coach.  Cole started private swim lessons last week and will be doing one a week for the rest of this month and then we might switch to two a week in May.  He is signed up for his second year of summer swim team on the same team as last year.  I can't wait to see him swim again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment