Thursday, August 4, 2011

Open House at Cole's School

We had open house tonight at Cole's school, Warren Elementary. He received information in the mail last week from his teacher introducing herself and telling him about their class. Her name is Ms. Baehler and this is her first year teaching (which I'm a bit nervous about). She worked in the district last year at one of the early childhood centers as a preschool teacher's aid. So she at least has some experience with how the district works and the programs the kids did in preschool. She was very nice tonight when we met her and seemed confident.

We brought in Cole's school supplies tonight. He has a cubby when you first walk in the classroom where he put his pencil box with a few supplies in it. The rest of the supplies went in boxes to be used by the whole classroom. His name is all over the room. He found his name at one of the tables where he will be sitting with 3 other kids. He also found his name on a cubby for their rest time mat, on the birthday wall and other places around the room.

Cole's school day will start at 9:05am and end at 4:05pm. He will be dropped off early (between 6:30-7am) and attend vacation station. We will pick him up from school for now. Whenever we move into the district he should be able to take the bus home and I'll be there to get him off.

I ordered Cole a Warren t-shirt, bought myself one and ordered another. They are the Warren Huskies and their colors are white and purple. I signed up for PTO and have my first meeting on Wednesday next week. I'm so excited! I am also planning to sign up to be a room parent for the two parties they have during the school year.

This weekend we will be buying him new tennis shoes since we tried his on today and noticed they were a bit snug on him. We'll also be buying new soccer shoes (he starts practice next week) since those also do not fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment