Friday, June 4, 2010

Strawberry & Raspberry Picking

The boys and I, along with Kerry, went strawberry and raspberry picking this morning. The place is called Lake View Farms and it is right up the street from us. They also have blackberries during blackberry season and pumpkins in the fall. I'd never been there before but Cole went with his preschool back in October to get a pumpkin. It was pretty hot this morning, even at 9am when we went. Cole absolutely loved it! Luke is still a bit young for it and he was tired and got hot quickly so I'll probably wait a little longer before bringing him back.

We first started out with some raspberry picking - that was fun!




After raspberry picking it was time for some strawberry picking. Luke and I went back to the car for a little bit so he could cool down - he gets red in the cheeks so quickly. Kerry and Cole got the container for the strawberries and went out to the field. Luke and I joined them again for a few minutes but then went back to the car to wait for them.




Here are a few pictures of Luke cooling down in the back of the car. He was all about drinking water from Cole's Spider Man water bottle!


No comments:

Post a Comment