I was putting Cole to be this evening and we were reading some books. One book he picked out was a book about God. I started asking him some questions about God and he informed me that God lives far far away in a city town. Then he started to sing, "Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me" and was doing hand motions to the verse as well. One time when he was singing he added "the Bible tells me so." It was so cute! I asked him where he learned it at and he told me at his new school. I asked him if he would let me go get the camera to video tape his singing but he said no, it was bed time. Maybe I can get him to sing it for me tomorrow so I can video tape it.
It was nice to see/hear what he is learning at preschool. Its always funny when they just all the sudden know new songs or dance or can recall items that you know you didn't teach them.
When I picked Cole up from school this afternoon I asked the teacher about what they did with the calendar and weather. She said they do both each afternoon. She said every afternoon they go over the name of the month and the sounds all of the letters that make up the month make. She asked Cole what sound an "s" made and he correctly answered! Its so nice to see him learning!
Cole showed me some artwork that he did in class today. They made an apple person - it was very cute! He drew a face on the apple, it has eyes and a mouth - the first time I've ever seen him draw a face! The apple person is holding a large pencil and the teacher had the kids writer their name on it. You could make out a c, o, and l - a first attempt I've seen of Cole writing his name. I can't remember if the letters were in the correct order or not (I don't think so) but its a start! He has adjusted very well to his new preschool!
Unfortunately they may be cancelling their afternoon program due to lack of enrollment. They only have 3-4 kid each afternoon. If that happens he may switch to the morning program or I may look into putting him at a preschool in the Francis Howell School District. I hope the Lutheran Church he's at keeps their afternoon program because as I learn more about what Cole is doing during the day and I see him learning, I like it more and more. So we'll see what happens. The teacher told me they are trying to figure out a way to keep the afternoon program open.
No comments:
Post a Comment