Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chore Chart Success

Cole successfully filled his chore chart with stickers this week! Last week I bought it from the teacher supply store and we put a few "chores" on it. It is lamenated and it came with a wipe off crayon. The chores we put on were brushing his teeth, potty, clean up, fun time (doing the calendar & weather with Kerry) and bedtime. The chart has a spot to write in a reward and Cole came up with the reward of a happy meal from McDonalds.

I really think having bedtime on the chart helped him do much better this week at going to bed. He had started to do better a little bit before but the incentive of getting to fill his chart with a sticker so he could get his reward really helped!

Kerry and Cole put up some of his stickers in the morning and he and I do some in the evening. He's so honest when talking with him about whether he should get a sticker or not. He's definetly more hard on himself than I am! Once or twice when I asked him he if cleaned up he said, no. So I asked, should you get a sticker? He replies, no. So then I ask him if he made a big mess that day and that is why he should get a sticker for the cleap up section. I also talk to Kerry to see how he did for the day before Cole & I put stickers on his chart.

This morning at breakfast as we were putting the last sticker on his chore chart he was already talking about what his reward for next week should be. His idea "castles," which is White Castles! I thought it was funny that he wants "castles" for his reward. I love White Castles so am thrilled that Cole does as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment