Monday, August 24, 2009

Nanny Kerry

It's official - as of next Monday Kerry will be watching the boys while Matt and I are at work! I told daycare today that it would be our last week. I felt bad since we'd reserved their spots back in December when I went on leave and then only came back for three weeks. Its just too good of an opportunity to have them at home with Kerry. It will cost us less, the boys will be in the comfort of their own home and in the care of their aunt.

Luke hasn't slept well at daycare so we are really looking forward to him being at home during the day in his own bed for naps. With his short naps at daycare he usually comes home and passes out around 5-5:30pm. So we don't get to spend that much time with him and he sometimes he starts to stir before its time for us to get up.

We have Cole signed up for a three hour preschool program three days a week. It is from 12:30-3:30pm at a Lutheran Church just up the street from our house. We visited the other day to enroll him and it was really nice! The teacher has been there for five years and seems very nice and friendly. He starts next Monday so hopefully it will go well.

I've explained to Cole that he is going to stop going to his current school and stay home with Auntie and then go to a new school for a little bit some days. He seems okay with it so we'll see how it goes when it actually happens. He did ask if there were toys at his new school which I thought was cute. As of now he is the fourth child enrolled in the afternoon program at the preschool but they expect more kids to enroll as we move into September. I think there is a max of 9 or 10 and then they get an assisstant if they go over that number.

I'm also planning to find some other programs to enroll Cole in periodically throughout the school year. There are lots of great programs at the Renaud Spirit Center (like a YMCA type place) that I am going to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment