Friday, March 27, 2009

Luke - 2 Months Old!!

It is hard to believe that Luke has already been here for 2 months! Time sure does go by fast. He has already changed so much in the first two months, it's just amazing!

He now smiles and makes lots of little baby noises, its very cute! Almost everytime we put him down on his changing table he lets out a big grin and giggles. We're not sure what exactly he's looking at or if he's just happy to stretch out but its really sweet. He can hold his head up pretty well and we are starting to work on tummy time to help him strengthen those muscles.

Luke is really starting to like to lay under his activity mat for a while and just relax on the floor. He is spending more time awake and happy just laying around on the floor or in his swing or bouncy seat.

I weighed Luke and according to our scale he is 12.7 pounds, so very close to 13 pounds! I'm sure when we go to the doctor for his 2 month check up on Monday he will be well over 13 pounds. He eats 5oz. about every 3 hours during the day. As of this week he has moved onto his 3-6 months clothes. He is still able to wear some of his 0-3 months cloths but I've already packed up most of those sizes for storage.

Well a few weeks ago I thought there was no way that Luke would sleep through the night as soon as his older brother had when he was a baby. Luckly I was way wrong! After looking at Cole's baby book, Luke has actually started to sleep through the night a little bit sooner than Cole. Except for one night this week Luke has slept at least 7 hours at night since Friday, March 20th!! Last night he ate at 8/8:30pm and then went to sleep around 9pm. He did't wake up until 6am this morning! I was really impressed. Most nights we feed him between 7-9pm and then he goes down for the night and is able to sleep until 5am. Luckly for me if he wakes up between 5-6am Matt is up getting ready for work and will take him. I'm sure Matt is hoping he starts waking up at 6am so he's just out the door by that time. Sometimes Luke will even go back to sleep after he wakes up at 5am which is super nice for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment