Thursday, March 15, 2012

Celebrating Daddy's Birthday

Matt turned 33 on Tuesday so we helped him celebrate with a special cake and birthday dinner! The boys and I were planning to make cupcakes but ended up making a cake instead. We had a yellow cake mix and then added blue food coloring which turned it a pretty shade of green. The boys thought it was cool! We iced it, and covered it with blue and green sprinkles. It didn't turn out too bad.

Before we headed out to a special birthday dinner we had Matt open his presents. I had gotten him a new pair of shorts and a pair of sandals from American Eagle, pretty much my standard gift as I know I've gotten the same type of items in the past. 

A picture of my two helpers as they anxiously await the present opening phase of the birthday celebration.
Happy Birthday Daddy!!

We met my Mom, Dave and Jacob up at Kitaro (a Japanese resturant) for dinner.  It was the first time the boys experienced eating Hibachi style.  You should have seen Luke's eye when the guy sparked the flame on the grill, priceless!  I hope we helped to make Matt's birthday special!

No comments:

Post a Comment