Monday, November 14, 2011

Sisters in NYC

So I know the blog is supposed to be about my Bange boys but I'm going to take a few minutes to share a little about my weekend trip to NY with my sister, Jessi!
This was our second weekend trip together and I hope we can do it again next year even though Jess will be in Arkansas. The trip started off a little slow as my flight was about 2 hours late in leaving STL. So instead of getting in right at 6pm I didn't get in until almost 8pm. Our original Friday night plans got pushed off to Saturday night. We did go to get something to eat but then just came back to Jessi's apartment to relax.

We started off Saturday morning with a quick visit to the eye doctor for Jess. Poor thing is dealing with eye infections just like I had all last year. What a pain! Then, we spent the afternoon wandering around NYC. For Saturday evening we went to all of the pop up shops they put up in Bryant Park for November and December. I had the best time last year at this and was super excited for this year! I ended up getting the boys little stuffed dinasours (Cole is really into dinasours lately) and myself a really pretty silver leaf necklace. 
The big tree going up!


Sunday we ate a yummy brunch and then walked around for a few hours doing a little shopping. I got these cool tin pictures of Super Heroes (Spider Man, Iron Man, Wolverine and Super Man) for Cole's new room (whenever we find a house to buy). They are probably 8x10 or a little bigger. I was super excited to find them on the street because we had seen them at the pop up shops the day before only twice as expensive so I didn't buy them. So I was so excited to find them the next day!


Sunday night we continued our tradition of going to the Radio City Rockettes. I was super excited about this since I had the best time last year! This year was no exception. The show was amazing! They had made some changes to the show so those were fun to see. It really puts you in the Christmas spirit to see the show.


Inside Radio City Music Hall




We stopped by Magnolia's bakery to pick up a few sweet treats to eat after dinner (just like last year - what can I say I'm a creature of habit). Then it was off to another new tradition - dinner at Rolfes, a German resturant with an amazing holiday atmosphere! They decorate the entire ceiling with greanery and ornaments and other holiday decorations. I absolutely love it and the food was delicious!


I was sad to leave this morning but we had such an amazing weekend! I love spending so much time with just my sister since we don't usually get that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment