Monday, January 17, 2011
Cole at the Dentist
So in December at Cole's regular dental check up the dentist found a cavity. It was on his back tooth on the lower left hand side (if you're looking at him). She said it was just a small cavity on the groove of his tooth but it needed to be filled since he won't lose it until around age 12. So we scheduled the appointment for today when we'd both be off school. I'll have to say that I had been nervous about it, worried that he would have a really bad experience. Luckly none of that happened! Our dentist was great with him! He did amazing! He never flinched or cried or anything. To him it was no more than a regular appointment. As the dentist said, ignorance is bliss. I always hate getting a cavity filled because of getting a shot in my gum to numb everything. I'm not even sure Cole really knew he was getting a shot since they called it sleepy water for his tooth. The surface area had also been numbed with some topical stuff so that helped as well. He was also lucky enough to get tooth colored filling (which I was thrilled about because I didn't really want silver in his mouth). Hopefully that will be his one and only cavity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment